Don't miss the SAPFM exhibition at the DIA!!




Many of you know that I am a proud member of the Society of American Period Furniture Makers.  I'm thrilled to be a part of SAPFM's event at the Detroit Institute of Arts! It is coming up soon, March 16th and 17th.  I will be there demonstrating how to hand-cut dovetails, both through and half blind (you might be able to shame me into doing a secret dovetail if I have time).  You'll be able to get a sneak-peak at my spice chest before it hits Popular Woodworking Magazine in August. And I'll have a small sample of my 18th century tool collection for you to examine, including a number of planes from the famous Christopher Gabriel (of Seaton Tool Chest fame).

If ol' Chris was here, he'd go to the DIA show!


Along with my demo, we will also have a number of other period furniture makes demonstrating their skills. George Walker, Steve Lash, Jim Crammond and Ed Stuckey are all going to be in attendance, along with several other very talented folks.  These guys will also be leading tours of the DIA's furniture collection.  It really will be a great opportunity to learn a little more about the history of our craft and the techniques used to build the masterpieces of the past!

I will be live-Tweeting the event and will probably write about it for the PWM blog.  Follow me on Twitter, user name @zdillinger.  I will be using the hashtag #sapfmdia to make it easy to find the right tweets.  Also, I will be providing Facebook updates throughout the weekend, so feel free to "friend me"

I hope to meet as many of you as possible in a couple of weeks! For those of you who can't make it to Detroit, I'll also be demonstrating my spice chest with SAPFM at the Lie-Nielsen tool show in Cincinnati in April. More details on that to come.

Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment