I'm back!

 After a somewhat lengthy delay (OK, three years...), I'm back in the shop again. First order of business is deep cleaning, though I have managed to flatten and refinish my bench top. 

My return is predicated on a couple of agreements with myself: no customer projects, and no more books. I enjoyed writing the two I put out but I don't mind telling you that doing them was a major source of my shop burnout. 

So... going forward: I will only build things that interest me. If I build something for someone else, it will be because I like the person and I want them to have something from me. No amount of money will get me in the shop again.


My first official project is yet to be determined, but I'm currently leaning toward a Roy Underhill nail cabinet like the one written up by Chris Schwarz a few years back. I'll probably make two, one for my father-in-law and one for myself.

If any of my old subscribers are still here, please speak up!

5 comments:

  1. I'm here! I’m looking forward to reading about you getting back in the shop. My tools are also sitting in my ATC just waiting to be used again. I need some motivation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Motivation can be hard to find! I'm glad I finally found one of those roundtoit things people are always talking about... :)

      Delete
  2. I will be watching for your posts. Making stuff because you WANT to generates the BEST kind of stories, even if the project is something simple.

    ReplyDelete