Outtake... hilarious photo

Guys,

I just had to share this picture.  I'm building a special project for Popular Woodworking Magazine. Of course, part of the process of building and writing the article is shooting pictures while working.   I swear, in real life, I'm not a giant...


My lovely wife April is the photographer for this build and she was shooting some photos of me while cutting a rabbet for the back boards of my piece.  I don't know if its the angle, or the lighting, but I look like a giant hunched over my bench.  I'm 6'5", my bench is 34" to the top but it looks like a step stool!

Anyway, this is the first project I've been working on in my new shop. It's mostly done, just need a door or two and some paint on the outside. It's a joy to work in a timber frame shop!

Zach

9 comments:

  1. 6'5" You are a giant. How is the building?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The building is great! Still finishing up things here and there, but I couldn't wait to move my benches in.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you're in your new shop. So cool that it's a timber frame. Hopefully you'll post some pictures at some point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pics will be coming, I realize I'm way behind on that front. Its kind of ugly right now, because it just has plywood siding on one side, as I'm planning to do an addition next year and I didn't want to waste the dough on good siding that will just be torn back down.

      Delete
  3. Oh lord. I hope you know a good chiropractor to help with the short bench-itis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, the bench is the perfect height for me. I have monkey arms and I use wooden planes, so any higher and I couldn't "straight arm" my planes. I tend to sit down to cut joinery, and this photo is weird because I'm leaned forward to make sure the cut is square as I get it started.

      Delete
  4. I think the boots are the most comical thing about that picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, those boots are the most comfortable thing I own. LL Bean Duck shoes, not the full boot, just a shoe. I wear them constantly!

      Delete
    2. I'm with you! My duck shoes are awesome! Very comfortable and keep me dry while walking about in the slush, mud, jumping in puddles with my boy, etc!

      Delete