Lost Art Press Woodworking Haiku Contest

Come on... all the cool kids are doing it.

Chris Schwarz is running a woodworking haiku contest on the Lost Art Press blog. If you win, you win a super-tuned #4 smoothing plane, as perfected by Chris himself.

For the less literary among us, a haiku is a short form of poetry from Japan.  It utilizes 17 syllables, arranged in a 5 7 5 pattern. They are easy, and quite quick to write. Do not be afraid. Enter! The deadline is November 22 at noon.

My own entry:

Sawplate sharp and set
Teeth cut swiftly through the pine
Blast! Its still too short!

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done Zach! From my limited knowledge, you even got the right amount of syllables on each line. Hope ya win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've always liked writing. Hopefully someone else finds it funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband miss this event and he felt terrible about it because he thinks that he has a very good chance to get win but unfortunately he didn’t… XOXO:D
    WilsonAndMcCracken.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like contests like these. I wish you will continue the same practice every year, I'm not that ready this time but will sure participate in next event.

    ReplyDelete